- Tour membership is open to all category 1 and category 2 amateur golfers. Open to men, ladies and juniors.
- Jude Brady Tour reserves the right to refuse any membership application.
- To obtain membership simply enter into any 2014 Jude Brady Amateur Tour event. Membership is free in 2014.
Benefits of membership
- Membership card with members unique number
- Partner discounts with membership card.
- No refunds will be given if a Member resigns or is banned.
Membership and Tournament Fees Membership Fees are published on the website.
- All entry fees must be paid 2 months proir to each event. Cheques must be received at least 5 days before payment cut-off date. (2 months prior to the event).
- If an event is not fully subscribed Jude Brady Amateur Tour will accept entries up to 7 days before the event.
- Rules of golf apply for late arrival on tee.
- Practice prior to event will be at the descretion of the club. The club must be contacted directly.
- Reserve call-ups, approved late entries and temporary members must pay all fees before play.
- The "no pay, no play" policy remains in force for 2014, all fees to be paid before a player will be considered for tournament entry.
- To abide by the Rules and etiquette of Golf.
- To ensure speed of play.
Tournament Conditions & Local Rules
- For simplicity, ladies will play off men’s card with a courtesy of 2 shots net and will play from the ladies tees.
- Disqualification for a serious breach of the rules will result in a complete ban from the Tour.
- Tournaments will be played under the R and A rules of golf, plus local rules of the club.
- Keep up with the group in front, not just ahead of the group behind • Allow the team behind to play through if necessary
- Leave the bunker as you would wish to find it
- Repair your ball marks
- If in doubt regarding any rule play two balls and consult an official before you sign your card, a mobile number will be produced and an official will attend if required.
- The proper on course attire is required at all times.
- Please obey Club House Rules with regards to the wearing of spikes and wet weather clothing.
- The wearing of jeans, track suits or collarless shirts is not permitted at any time. Shorts must be tailored.
- Soft spikes are preferred by all host courses.
GPS or Laser Assistance:
- Approved, with the exception of Lasers with slope information, not permitted, even if turned off.
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited on the golf course during Tournament play, except, as laid down in the local rules.
- Failure to abide by this rule will result in disqualification.
- It is a requirement that all groups keep pace with the preceding group, NOT just to keep ahead of the group behind.
- Unless there is a mitigating circumstance i.e. a ruling is required (in which case the group behind should be called through).
Suspension of Play
- In the event of play being suspended due to thunderstorm / electrical activity, signalled by 1 long blast on the klaxon, then immediately mark your ball and seek the nearest area of shelter.
- Resumption of play will be signalled by 2 long blasts on the klaxon.
- If play has to be suspended for any other reason, signalled by 2 short blasts on the klaxon then players may choose either: To mark the ball, or finish the hole currently in play.
All players must then report directly to the Tournament Registration Office. Not until the players have been given permission, may play resume
- Players must register at the Tournament Office at least 30 minutes before their tee time.
- Players failing to register may be withdrawn from the tournament. Appeals subject to Jude Brady Amateur Tour’s discretion.
- A player is fully registered when Jude Brady Amateur Tour has received all personal details.
- No refunds will be given after payment cut off point 2 months prior to the event.
- The Jude Brady Amateur Tour is open to all amateur category 1 and 2 golfers, regardless of sex and age.
- Entry to each event will be on a first come first served basis however, members who have entered the preceding event or paid for several events in advance will be given the option for automatic entry.
- 18 holes Stroke play over 1 day played in accordance with The Rules Of Golf as prescribed by The Royal and Ancient Golf Club.
- Local rules will be applied as appropriate by the Tournament Director.
- The Field size is limited to a maximum of 100 players.
- Based on first come, first served basis.
- Further details can be given on request.
- Requests for close tee-times to travelling companions or those sharing accommodation will be considered, as well as a late start requests. Requests cease 7 days prior to the event.
Order of Merit
- The Order of Merit will be determined solely by points won.
Please submit your name and membership number at either:
- The Tournament Office (for next event).
- Via the Tournament Entry Page on this site or by telephone on 01473 301072 or 07917 410543.
- Cheques must be made payable to: Jude Brady Foundation and sent to our Head Office at, Unit 8, The Quadrangle Centre, The Drift, Nacton Road, Ipswich IP3 9QR. To be received 7 days before the Tournament start date.
- Credit/Debit card payments can be made online or by telephone on 01473 301072 or 07917 410543.
- The draw will be made 7 days before the event and will be published on the website and individual Tee-Times will be sent via text, it is the players responsibility to inform the Jude Brady Amateur Tour of any change to their mobile number or Email.
- Tour Events - In the event of a tie a sudden death playoff on the18th hole will take place immediately after the conclusion of regular play. Stroke play rules with full handicap will apply.
- Order of Merit - In the event of a tie for qulifying places on the Jude Brady Cup Team Brady, places will be decided based upon points gained at the Princes GC Tour event. If there is still a tie we will work in reverse Tour event order, until places are finalised.
- Should any event be affected by adverse weather, or any other act, which means 18 holes cannot be completed by the entire field, the Jude Brady Amateur Tour reserve the right to change the format of the event to ensure order of merit points can be awarded.
Order of Merit